Vacancy at Urban Management Centre
The Urban Management Centre (UMC) seeks applications for the following vacancy based in New Delhi, India reporting to the Program Head to support a national level technical support unit.
The candidate should have a minimum 10 years’ experience, would be based in New Delhi, India for the national level technical support unit of the National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA). The position would work towards developing skills of the urban poor and enterprises in sanitation through the National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) using skill training and enterprise development across the sanitation value chain to bring in a level of convergence of the two missions of the govt.- NULM and SBM.
Position 1 : Senior Manager - Urban Sanitation (based in Delhi)
- Review and verify guidelines for NULM and SBM undertake needs analyses of the sanitation sector in urban India.
- Assess suitability of options available to urban local bodies in sanitation technologies, processes, protocols and finances, and suggests recommendations
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports; developing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies to optimize sanitation service delivery.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns through various sanitation data including the service level benchmarks, SBM, AMRUT and other missions of the central and state governments
- Undertake sanitation related training needs assessment in coordination with the team’s capacity building specialist at central, state and city levels.
- Work with the team members to incubate and support enterprises in sanitation across the value chain.
- Bring lessons from data analysis by other missions of the Government of India, and work to incorporate the best practices from the case studies in the program
- Work closely with other team members for the development of appropriate structure for sanitation database management at the central, state and city level MIS.
- Design templates and formats for state and local authorities for seeking data in a structured manner.
- Coordinate component specific inputs and expertise from the client, donors, home office (UMC head office) and partners in a collaborative fashion
Qualifications and skills:
- An advanced degree in urban planning/ environmental, management planning/ civil engineering/ social sciences/ urban poverty/ public policy/ or similar with experience in sanitation.
- Computer proficiency related to database management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in government/ semi-government/ autonomous organizations/ NGOs/ private company of repute
- Experience of working in a ministry of national government will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant context, issues of water, sanitation, livelihood development and urban poverty.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Hindi, and clarity in communication.
- Strong ability to host multi-disciplinary team of experts/ consultants and facilitate oral and written communication.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions.
- Willingness to travel within India and outside India on need basis.
- Experience in developing user manuals with subject focus.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs at email@example.com at the earliest. The position is advertised until filled.
Remuneration would be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should send an email with subject “application for (name of position applying for)” to firstname.lastname@example.org . Also include the following:
1. Updated CV
2. Salary slips (latest of three months)